Nepal Earthquake Relief - Shikharapur Fund
On Saturday, April 25th, a 7.9 magnitude earthquake hit Nepal.
Many freinds at our partner school, Shikharapur Community School, have been directly affected.
This is our opportunity to make a difference in their time of need.
We are in the process of organizing some opportunities to generate support for the victims of this devastation.
1) On Thursday, April 30 from 7:00 - 8:00pm, we will be hosting a family ZUMBA fundraiser here in the school gym with sign-in registration at 6:30pm. Entrance fee to this event will be by donation only.
All are welcome. Looking forward to your support!
2) On Friday, May 1st, our grade 8 students will also be hosting a bake sale with all money raised going to this relief fund.
3) There are two other options available as well:
i) On-line donations will be accepted through the GOFUNDME link on our facebook page ~ angusmorrison namastenepal
ii) Funds can be donated directly at the TD Bank - Angus branch via the following Transit - Inst NO. - Account No. ~ 20382-004-6109193
If your children are going to be late or absent from school please call our Safe Arrival line at 705-424-5701, press 1.
This line is available to take your message 24 hours a day. Please leave the name of the student, teacher’s name and reason for absence.
SNOW DAYS: It is very helpful for us in the office to have parents, of children who walk to school, call safe arrival on a Snow Day if their children are not attending school or will be late.
Looking to Register your child?
Test your analog clock skills! Don't worry if you are having some trouble, just hover your mouse over the clocks to see the time.
Check us out!!!
Have your say about the Simcoe County District School Board’s mission, vision and values
The Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) is renewing its mission, vision and values. Your input is needed. Feedback is being gathered through a short survey. Find more information and the survey here: www.scdsb.on.ca/mission
The deadline to respond to the survey is November 12. We appreciate you taking the time to share your views. Please also share this information with others who may be interested.
Interested in Before and After care for your child?
A Before and After School Program is available at AMES through the YMCA for children ages 3.8 -12 years.
School Cash net link
Snow Day Reminder
On snow days, when buses are cancelled, the Safe Arrival Program WILL NOT be making calls home.
When the weather is bad and the busses are cancelled, all bus students are excused from classes.
Safe Arrival assumes that your child will remain home on these days.
If busses are cancelled in the morning, they will NOT run in the afternoon.
If you decide to bring your child(ren) to school, it is your responsibility to ensure that your child(ren) is (are) picked up at the end of the school day.
News & Upcoming Events
- April 27 ~ May 1 - Dental Clinic @ the school
- April 29 - Character Assembly (Optimism) Theme - Neon Day
- May 11 - School Council Meeting (6:00 - 8:00pm in the school's library)
- May 18 - Victoria Day - No School
- May 19 ~ 22 - Grade 8 Trip to Ottawa
- May 27 - Character Assembly (Respect) Theme - Western Day
- May 27 - Kindergarten Open House (1:00-2:30pm and 6:00-7:30pm)
- June 2 - All grade 7's HepB#2, Grade 8 girls HPV#3
- June 10 ~ 12 - Scholastic Buy 1 ~ Get 1 free Book Fair
- June 5 - PA Day ~ No School
- June 23 - Grade 8 Graduation
- June 24 - Character Assembly (Responsibility) Theme - Beach Day
- June 25 - Last Day of Classes
- June 26 - PA Day ~ No School
- September 8 - First Day of Classes
- September 10 - First Day of Classes for Junior Kindergarten students
- Is your child graduating Grade 8 this year?
Click here for more information in ensuring a smooth transition to high school.
Other Items of Interest (Click the item below)
Follow us on TWITTER